MANILA, April 18, 2016 – The Religious of the Virgin Mary, known for running schools in the country and abroad, elected on April 7 Sr. Maria Corazon Agda, RVM as their new mother superior.
Elected during the congregation’s 20th Ordinary General Chapter, Agda was elected together with the following as members of the new RVM council:
- Sr. Maria Rosalia Nacionales, RVM—Vicar General/First Consultor;
- Sr. Maria Anicia Co, RVM—Second Consultor;
- Sr. Maria Marissa Viri, RVM—Third Consultor; and
- Sr. Maria Gilda Penafiel, RVM —Fourth Consultor
- Sr. Maria Rosabella R. Gallo, RVM – Secretary General
- Sr. Maria Teresita P. Aspril, RVM – Econome General
Imus Bishop Reynaldo Evangelista, DD, presided over the Holy Mass to mark the new set of officers’ installation on April 13, 9:00 a.m. at Betania Retreat House, Tagaytay City, Philippines.
He also led the installation rite for newly-elected Congregational Servant Leaders and the newly-appointed Regional Superiors of Luzon, Visayas, Northern Mindanao as well as the District Superiors of Italy, USA-Canada, Ghana, West Africa, and Indonesia.
Fifty-three delegates gathered to elect the RVM counci, observing a Triduum of silence and prayer to prepare for the said undertaking. (CBCPNews)