MAKATI City, April 17, 2015—Marian devotees or not, mark your calendars!
The lay devotees of Mary Mediatrix of All Grace is set to hold its First General Assembly on May 1, the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the San Carlos Seminary, Edsa, Guadalupe, Makati City, featuring a series of enlightening talks, testimonials, and other stories related to the Lipa apparitions.
The event is open to the public.
Two top Filipino Mariologists (experts on Mary) are slated to give brief lectures on the miracles of Mary Mediatrix.
Lawyer-preacher Marwil N. Llasos will share his insights on the 1948 apparitions, and their significance then and now, as well as the theology on Marian mediation and co-redemption.
Fr. Melvin Castro, founder of the Confraternity of Mary Mediatrix of All Grace, will talk about the renowned Marian writer, St. Louis-Marie Grignon de Monfort, and his classic Marian work “True Devotion to Mary.”
As the occasion coincides with the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, Prof. Nestor Limqueco will examine the role of Mary Mediatrix and St. Joseph in the lives of the lowly.
The complete schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. Registration
- 8:45 a.m. Holy Rosary
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome Remarks
- 9:30 a.m. Video Presentation
- 9:30 a.m. “1948 Lipa Apparitions: Its Significance, Then and Now” by Marwil N. Llasos, O.P.
- 10:30 a.m. Break/Song for Mary
- 10:45 a.m. Open Forum
- 11:15 a.m. “Ang Mediadora, si San Jose, at Ang Mga Aba” by Nestor Limqueco, O.P.
- 11:30 a.m. Testimonies and Faith Sharing
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Testimonies and Faith Sharing
- 1:30 p.m. “Our Lady, Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace, St. Louis-Marie de Monfort and True Devotion”
- 2:30 p.m. Open Forum
- 2:45 p.m. Break
- 3:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist
- 4:00 p.m. Archbishop’s Message
- 4:10 p.m. Business Meeting
- 4:45 p.m. Acknowledgements/Closing
Freebies and giveaways await participants.
To get more updates, interested parties may visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/1477849975765926/?fref=ts. (Raymond A. Sebastián/CBCP News)