0%

Manila archdiocese: No surrender feelers from Napoles

Posted By: admin On:


MANILA, August 28, 2013— Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle did not receive surrender feelers from fugitive businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles, the Manila archbishop’s communications officer said. 

Peachy Yamsuan, head of the archdiocese’s Office of Communications, said Tagle did not receive a letter or talked with Napoles or any of her emissaries. 

“No letter,” Yamsuan clarified in a text message to reporters. 

“The cardinal has not spoken with Janet Napoles or her lawyer Atty. (Lorna) Kapunan,” she added. 

Reports spread Wednesday that Napoles’ camp has sent surrender feelers to the cardinal. 

Earlier in the day, the media asked Tagle if the Church is willing to provide sanctuary to Napoles but the cardinal refused to answer. 

Running priest Fr. Robert Reyes earlier offered protection to Napoles on the condition that she will spill the beans on the P10 billion pork barrel scam. 

Reyes said information reaching him revealed that Napoles has received death threats, adding that some priests favor his offer of protection from those who many want to harm her. 

“Ms. Napoles, be careful. They might kill you. Surrender to the Church…We will make sure that you survive,” Reyes was quoted in a television interview. 

“If you survive, you have to tell the truth for the sake of your people,” he added. (CBCPNews)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


SHARE
Play Cover Track Title
Track Authors