BAGUIO City, Dec. 28, 2015 – “Only for the Brave.” This is the title of the ongoing Couples for Christ Order of St. Michael’s (OSM) Character Enhancement Retreat for some 200 Philippine Military Academy (PMA) cadets at PMA, Fort Del Pilar.
“What we hope is that as usual this will not just be an annual activity and then whatever are the outputs from our cadets, even from our facilitators, this can be used for alumni character formation program because PMA is a character building institution,” said Capt. Reynan Afan, adviser of the PMA Catholic Action Group Club.
Daring to be brave
The whole day activity, comprises five talks on character formation:
- Session 1: Heroes for God and Country by Col. Arturo Alabanza PMA CI ’72
- Session 2: Roadblocks to Greatness by Cav. Wilfredo Ona, PAF Ret. with a sharing from Cav. Resty Aguilar PMA CL ’78
- Session 3: Defending Our Families, Building Our Homes by Jaycee Dela Cruz with a sharing from Cav. Jun Unson PMA CI ’78
- Session 4: Forgiveness, a Key to Success by Leo Deuxfils Delacruz
- Session 5: All Out Victory by Col. Arturo Alabanza PMA CI ’72
Needed spiritual growth
There are also interactive workshops and small group sharing in between sessions.
Aside from academic, physical, and tactical training, Afan says PMA cadets’ spiritual growth during their four-year education is crucial to their formation as military officers.
The participants are PMA fourth class men, all members of the Catholic Action Group under Fr. Leonides Cruel, PMA Post Chaplain.
The OSM is a ministry of Couples for Christ and the community’s partnering arm with the different Chaplain Services of the military, police, Coast Guard, and other uniformed services. (Nirva’ana Ella Delacruz / CBCP News)