MAKATI City, May 26, 2014—Devotees of the Blessed Virgin—and even interested non-devotees—can look forward to attending a series of free conferences dedicated to the Immaculate Conception prepared by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila (RCAM) in partnership with the San Carlos Seminary.
Themed “Mary and the Lay faithful: Called to Total Consecration”, in observance of 2014 as “Year of the Laity”, the talks celebrate and focus on Our Lady, and how the ordinary Filipino Catholic faithful, in their role as laity, can make the most of their sacred relationship with the Blessed Mother spiritually, socially, and even ecologically.
The talks are open to the public and are scheduled on the first Saturday of each month (except December) at the San Carlos Seminary Auditorium, Guadalupe Viejo, Edsa, Makati from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The weeklong “National Days of Prayer with Mary” are planned for September 7 -12, which are set to culminate with the 11th National Pilgrimage in Lipa City, Batangas, the site of several alleged Marian apparitions and miracles.
The detailed schedule is as follows:
- June 7, 2014 – Mary and Lay Empowerment (Mrs. Amelita D. Go, LAIKO President)
- July 5, 2014 – Witnessing to Christ, like Mary – Living the Confirmation Mandate (Most Rev. Ramon C. Argüelles, D.D., Archbishop of Lipa)
- August 2, 2014 – Under Mary’s Guidance, the Lay Faithful – Agents of Social Transformation (Bro. Juanito Jun “Dr. Love” Banaag, O.P.)
- October 4, 2014 – Mary and the Evangelizing Laity (Ms. Eden Alba, Philippine Lay Missionary)
- November 8, 2014 – Mary – Spurring the Laity Towards Ecological Conservation and Enrichment (Fr. Benny Tuazon and Lou Arsenio)
For inquiries, call 043-7571534, 0906-4058545, 0927-9006468; or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. (Raymond A. Sebastián)