MANILA, May 31, 2016— A huge fire destroyed the rectory of Sts. Philip and James Parish in Lagonoy, Camarines Sur last week.
Several fire crews and volunteers responded to the blaze just after 5 p.m. last Wednesday, May 25. Fire out was declared at around 8 p.m.
Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for the fire that burned several properties in the convent compound.
“All the personal belongings of the resident priests together with the Convento and the parish office equipment were totally gutted by the fire,” said the Archdiocese of Caceres in a statement.
“Fortunately, important documents, and records, and religious images were saved,” it said.
The archdiocese is seeking help to renovate the rectory. Donations may be given to archdiocese’s Oeconomus Office in Naga City. (CBCPNews)