The “Living the truth in love: Pope Francis and persons with same sex attraction (SSA)” pastoral symposium is set to shed light on this hot-button issue from Sept. 2 to 3 at the Pope Pius XI Catholic Center, UN Avenue, Paco, Manila.
Organized by the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Family and Life, the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Culture, and Courage Philippines, the event aims to provide a venue where the faithful may:
- understand the thinking of the Church and the mind of Pope Francis on SSA;
- listen to hopeful stories; and
- shepherd persons with SSA in the Philippine context
The sessions are as follows:
Sept. 2, Friday
- “Gender Identity – Understanding SSA”, to be given by Lingayen – Dagupan Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz, Judicial Vicar of the National Tribuanal of Appeals
- “Homosexuality and Ethics in the Family Today”, to be given by Rev. Dr. James McTavish, FMVD of Fraternidad Misionera Verbum Dei
Sept. 3, Saturday
- “Pope Francis and Persons with SSA”, to be presented by Daet Bishop Gilbert Garcera, ECFL chairman
- “Pastoral Accompaniment of Persons with SSA”, to be delivered by Fr. Daniel Healy, Courage Philippines spiritual director
Participants expected at the symposium are:
- SSA Spiritual Directors of Dioceses, Parishes and National Family and Life Organizations
- Courage members (SSA friends)
- Families and friends of persons with SSA
- Formators of seminarians / novices
- Representatives of Catholic Cultural Centers
For inquiries, interested parties may email email@example.com or contact (02) 525-9126, 0917-812-5155.
The Php 1,500 conference fee per person is inclusive of a kit, and snacks.
Transportation and accommodation are to be shouldered by the participant or by the sponsoring organization/diocese. (Nirva’ana Ella Delacruz / CBCPNews)