PASIG City, July 18, 2016 – One of the most respected authorities in character formation in the world today is coming to the Philippines!
Dr. Thomas Lickona, author of important books on developing virtues and educating the youth, will be in the country from July 30 until Aug. 6 to speak in various conferences on the character development of young people, announced Character for Education Partnership (CEP) Philippines president Patrick Lim.
The main conference, “Sex, Love, and Character: Making the Right Decision”, will be held on Aug. 5, 2016 at the University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) in Pasig City, from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Lickona is a developmental psychologist and Professor of Education Emeritus at the State University of New York at Cortland, where he directs the Center for the Fourth and Fifth Rs (Respect and Responsibility).
A world-renowned author and speaker, he served as president of the Association for Moral Education and currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Character Education Partnership. Lickona gives talks around the world to teachers, parents, religious educators, and other groups concerned about the character development of young people.
Aside from the Aug.6 event at the UA&P, Lickona will also hold conferences in Laguna, Iloilo, Cebu, and Alabang.
His itinerary is as follows:
- July 30, 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. – “Raising Children of Character: 10 Things Parents Can Do” [Morning Star Montessori School of Laguna]
- July 30, 12:30 to 3:00 p.m. – “Developing the Eight Strengths of Character: Preparing Students to Lead Ethical, Productive and Fulfilling Lives” [Morning Star Montessori School of Laguna]
- Aug. 1, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. – “How to Easily Win the Favor of Your Teachers and the People Around You” [PAREF Westbridge School, Iloilo City]
- Aug. 1, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. – “Techniques Award-winning Schools Don’t Want You to Know” [PAREF Westbridge School, Iloilo City]
- Aug. 1, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – “How to Make your Child a Success Magnet” [PAREF Westbridge School, Iloilo City]
- Aug. 4, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. – [Lickona Institute of Asia]
- Aug. 4, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. – [Lickona Institute of Asia]
- Aug. 6, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. – “Raising Children of Character: 10 Things Parents Can Do” [PAREF-Southridge School, Alabang]
- Aug. 6, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. – “How to Talk to Teens About Sex, Love and Character” [PAREF-Southridge School, Alabang]
Interested parties may contact CEP Philippines at 0936 994-1771 or 0922 255-5905, tel. (02) 559-0658, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.cepphilippines.com.
CEP Philippines, an international affiliate of CEP based in Washington D.C., USA, is a nonpartisan, nonsectarian coalition of organizations and individuals committed to fostering effective character education. It also serves as the leading resource for people and organizations that integrate character education into their schools and communities. (Fr. Mickey Cardenas / CBCP News)