NAGA City, March 29, 2015 — The Archdiocese of Caceres brings the Good News to the air waves with its radio program, Ca-Sarig, over The Mother’s Touch/Radio Veritas Naga, 98.3 FM from Mondays to Saturdays, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m., starting on March 23.
Ca-Sarig, which means “to lean on” is a 90-minute and magazine type radio program divided into 6 segments: introduction, news, Commission programs or Ministry programs discussion, Church teachings, success stories, and “advice to letter senders”.
Headed by Caceres Commission on Communications Director Fr. Luisito Occiano with co-anchors Sr. Lou Ranara, FSP; Fr. Emil Llagas, Fr. Tirso Elopre, and Fr. Manny Zagada, the show highlights the various Social Action Ministry programs of the Archdiocese, featuring guest anchors.
Focus on programs
The rotation of anchors is as follow:
- Mondays are anchored by Fr. Jeffry John Briones IV, Fr. Fidel Bagayaua, Fr. Wilmer Joseph Tria and focus on initiatives by Caritas Caceres (formerly known as CASAFI), Kolping Society Philippines, Consuelo Madrigal Foundation, Bikol
- Tuesdays are anchored by Fr. Xavier Amoroso and Sr. Lourdes Ranara, FSP and talk about the Ministry on Women Concerns and Hablondawani
- Wednesdays feature Fr. Tirso Elopre and Fr. Jaime Danilo Viola who talk about the Elderly, Sick and Dying, as well as the Gilean Ministry (Ministry for PWDs)
- Thursdays are anchored by Fr. William Parde, Jr., Fr. Rex Andrew Alarcon, Fr. Glenn Ruiz, Fr. Mishael Quindo, Fr. Gerome Pelagio and dedicated to Catechesis, Commission on Evangelization, Ministry on Indigenous People, Liturgy Commission and Commission on Missions
- Fridays are headed by Fr. Emil Llagas, Sr. Francia Opiana, Fr. Jay Jacinto, Fr. William Santiago and will discuss the projects under the Youth Ministry, Ministry on Children, Commission on Vocations and the Family Ministry
- Saturdays feature Fr. Manny Zagada and Facenda de Esperanza as anchors and focus on the Rehabilitation and Prison Ministry (Bukid ng Pag-asa)
Be different, be innovative
During a workshop on March 5, Sr. Judy Samar, suggested having an interactive radio program. Samar strongly encouraged the anchors to build communities on-air, to “make the program nearer to the people”.
Among her notable tips and proposals were post-program evaluations, on-site delivery of information rather than simple relaying of data, and inclusion of religious and instrumental music. According to a survey, music is a strong factor for listeners in choosing a station to listen to.
Samar also reminded the anchors to always promote and defend the teachings of the Church and the Word of God; and to always protect the Church as Catholic broadcasters.
Feedback for Ca-Sarig may be sent through its TxT Lines: +63915-443-2983, +63939-218-2925, and +63943-702-0920; and through the web: www.ffinaga.com and www.radioveritasnaga.weebly.com. (Natalie Hazel Quimlat/CBCPNews)