PARAÑAQUE City, June 18, 2015—Perpetual Help devotees, read on.
A series of nine-day “Misa Novenario” (Novena Masses) is set to kick off today, Thursday, June 18, at the National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran, Parañaque City, running until June 26, Friday, to prepare the faithful spiritually for the feast of Our Mother of Perpetual Help on June 27, Saturday.
Making her known
The overall theme of this year’s fiesta is “150 Taon ng Pagpapakilala Kay Maria, Larawan ng Pag-ibig” which draws inspiration from the well-loved and richly symbolic Perpetual Help icon, otherwise known as the “Theotokos of the Passion.”
Each novena Mass is expected to reflect on a particular element depicted in the icon and how it attempts to make visible a deeper reality in the history of salvation.
Novena Mass schedule
The schedule of the novena Masses with their specific theme is as follows:
- June 18, Thursday, 5:45 p.m. San Miguel at San Gabriel: Larawan ng Kahirapan
- June 19, Friday, 5:45 p.m. Bibig: Panalangin, Pagsunod sa Kalooban ng Diyos
- June 20, Saturday, 5:45 p.m. Tala: Ningning Mo Ang Aming Gabay
- June 21, Sunday, 5:30 p.m. Tsinelas: Pakikilakbay, Pakikiramay
- June 22, Monday, 5:45 p.m. Mata: Pagtinging May Awa at Malasakit
- June 23, Tuesday, 5:45 p.m. Kamay: Pagkalinga sa Mga Dukha
- June 24, Wednesday, 4:45 p.m. Hesus: Titig ng Kaligtasan
- June 25, Thursday, 5:45 p.m. Daupang Palad: Pangako ng Wagas na Biyaya
- June 26, Friday, 5:45 p.m. Gintong Larawan: Paglalakbay Tungo sa Kaluwalhatian
Meanwhile, the Masses on the feast day proper, June 27, Saturday are respectively at 6:30 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 5:30 p.m.
The 5:30 p.m. Mass will be a concelebrated one to be presided over by Bishop Jesse E. Mercado of the Diocese of Parañaque.
Also on June 24, there will be a short program after the 7:30 p.m. regular Wednesday novena. On Jun 26, a lighting of candles will be held after the 5:45 p.m. Mass. Lastly, on June 27, a procession around Baclaran will begin right after the 5:30 p.m. Mass, concluding the feast day. (Raymond A. Sebastián/CBCP News)