QUEZON City, July 18, 2015—The public is invited to a attend a series of talks on “Laudato Si’” (Praise be) on July 25, Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Faber Function Room, Faber Hall, Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU), Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
Organized by the Companions in the Ignatian Journey and JVP Network of Leaders, the discussion is set to feature renowned academics and environmentalists who will give their take on Pope Francis’ much-talked about “encyclical on the care for our common home,” its implications, as well as the various challenges it presents to society, especially in the personal and professional life of each individual.
The speakers, all Ateneo alumni, are as follows:
- Fr. Albert E. Alejo, S.J., anthropologist and poet
- Patria Gwen M.L Borcena, environmental sociologist
- Dr. Fabian M. Dayrit, scientist and academic
- Dr. Antonio M. La Viña, human rights and environmental lawyer
- Dr. Donna Paz T. Reyes, environmental educator
The event is a continuing formation program in honor of Fr. Daniel McNamara, S.J. and of Fr. Francis Reilly, S.J.
Assembly and registration will be at 12:30 p.m.
For inquiries,interested parties may email email@example.com. (Raymond A. Sebastián/CBCP News)