MANILA, Nov. 18, 2016 – A year after a film conference and workshop, thirteen (13) finalists films from different schools and institutions nationwide compete for the Alberione Media Award on Nov. 26, 2016, Saturday at Alberione Hall, 7708 Saint Paul Road, San Antonio Village Makati.
The finalists films are:
- Breaking Sasha (Secular Male Institute of the Two Hearts and San Pablo Colleges); Drugs and Alcohol for the Soul (University of Santo Tomas);
- ECG (De La Salle College Lipa);
- Kandila (Secular Male Institute of the Two Hearts);
- Loro (Dominican Studentate);
- Lugud Ning Indu (Holy Angel University);
- Nasa Huli (UST Tomcat);
- Sandigan (University of Santo Tomas);
- Snatcher (University of the Philippines-Diliman);
- Sunshine (Dominican Studentate);
- Swindler (Colegio de San Juan de Letran);
- The Boy Who Cried Books (University of Santo Tomas); and
- To My Son (Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila).
The major awards at stake are: Php50,000.00 for the Jurors’ Choice and the Alberione Medal of Excellence in Media. Cash prizes worth P15,000.00 and P10,000 for the 1st and 2nd Runners-up respectively and Certificates of Excellence in Media will be given away. Special Jury Awards are also given to the winners of the Best Story, Use of Local Language, Original Theme Music, and the Audience Choice Award.
Alberione Media Awards for short films is a media award given to a communicator who creatively uses this medium to spread Gospel values. As part of the St. Paul Bible Ministry, these films inspired by Bible verse/s, which must be included in the oeuvre, are fruits of the Film Workshop and Conference conducted by ST PAULS Philippines and the UP FILM Institute Outreach Program (2015) for senior high school and college students who submitted story lines/logs of merit.
Blessed James Alberione, founder of the Pauline Family, “envisioned a community of priests, religious, consecrated lay men and women who give to the world Jesus Master, Way, Truth, and Life in in the spirit of St Paul under the loving gaze of Mary Queen of the Apostles through the fastest and most advanced means of communication.” He a patron saint of the press and mass media practitioners.
For more information, interested parties may check out www.alberioneawards.com. (CBCPNews)