MANILA, May 13, 2015 – 2016 seems to be a busy year with the Philippines hosting several international events, one of which is the World Media Congress on February 10 to12, 2016 with the theme “Synergy in Media: Empowering People” at Adamson University, Manila.
Organized by the Geneva-based International Christian Organisation of the Media (ICOM), formerly known as Union Catholique Internationale De La Presse (UCIP), the event will also be the venue for the awarding of the prestigious “Titus Brandsma Award”, aside from 8 other awards for outstanding journalists and media organizations.
For nominations, interested parties may visit http://www.icomworld.info/aw/aae.htm and they may send an email to email@example.com for the mechanics and further details.
Deadline for award nominations is on Sept. 30, 2015.
The ICOM is “a world forum of professionals in the secular and religious journalism,” says a press statement released by the organization.
Currently, the group boasts 8,000 members worldwide who value ”ethics and values, accuracy and objectivity, and respect for peoples, cultures, and religions.”
Some of ICOM’s aims include:
- the promotion of the right to information, freedom of opinion and ethics of journalism;
- support for formation and ongoing development for journalists;
- organization of events to stimulate collegiality, solidarity, conviviality and dialogue among media and journalism professionals;
- realization of in-depth analysis and reflection on timely themes;
- promotion of communication as a means of education;
- fostering of exchange of information, experience, and media development;
- encouragement networking and friendship in view of healthy and necessary exercise of one’s profession
Interested parties may contact, Mr. Guilian Geronimo through +639054533290; through email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook fanpage https://www.facebook.com/icomworldmediacongress2016ph; or Twitter @icomwmc2016. (CBCPNews)